Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Numbers Game

In order to improve something it needs to be measured first. Deriving a baseline is the first step in realizing where I am, and acknowledging where it is I need to go. On the other hand it also provides another level of motivation. Having a scheduled list of check points where sequential measurements are to be taken will help me stay on my game in the following months leading up to the big day.

Luckily enough my trainer friend offered to take my body fat percentage using the 3 point caliper method. In this approach the skin folds are taken at the triceps, above the iliac crest, and at mid thigh. If you ever are interested in FiguringOut your BF% check out this page http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/BodyComp.html.

The second set of measurements were taken on Friday February @4th.


The measurements were taken on Friday January 20th so hopefully every month I will take them again and they will improve.

These were my initial results:

To be honest I was a little upset by the 22% I feel as if I'm more at 20%, but again I can't complain. I'm right at "average," however I would never consider myself as just average PLEASE, either way however I'm at a good starting point where I can still build muscle efficiently especially in my lower extremities; glutes, hams, quads, add/abd, and my little baby calves.

I also had my other trainer friend asked me to take pictures for his website. It was a nice little boost of self confidence s/p the body comp. testing. Those pictures will hopefully make it to the blog at some point, along with circumference measurements, and the dreaded Initial BEFORE pictures.

-Anna P


No comments:

Post a Comment