Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Change Up

So I have decided to enter a different competition. I'm going to be competing in the INBF Hercules Bodybuilding & Figure Championships (WNBF Super Pro-Qualifier) in New York, NY on June 30th. I think performing in the city will bring me one step closer to making my mark and settling into my city, and I could use the extra month to train.


I have been doing a lot of thinking, planning, and research. Also I have met a lot of people through my gym that can either give me good training tips or hook me up with good coaches. Speaking of which I really need to get back to that guy...On the things to do list. I've been doing a lot of thinking about how I can get the most of this/how will I deal with temptations and how can I build and train my will power. 


I have found that I'm not as diverse of a person as I once was. Currently my life consist of work, working out, and going out. That is all fine and dandy, but what about music, what about the news and the world, what about my family. There are so many things I've been missing out on. I want to take this time in my life not only to improve my body, but to improve my mind, my creativity, and my connection to my family and friends. TO connect through ways that don't involve alcohol or partying. 


The hardest part about this is going to be through re-introducing myself. People know me as a party girl, a good time, easy going...all is well, but I want to be more substantial, I want to be able to have a deeper conversation about religion, about politics, about sports, about media. In order to do this I will have to train my will power, I will have to resist temptation and show confidence in my goals. 


In the end it will be well worth it. 


- Anna P

No comments:

Post a Comment